Panorama - Dog fighting

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Anyone see this? A shocking undercover investigation covering mostly ireland and finland (farm where the American Pitbulls are breed). The programe was quite shocking and centred on the focal story of the savage death of Ellie Lawerence on new years day in liverpool by a pitbull

And how easily the dogs can be brought over to ireland and then into uk. One of the gangs, the Farmers Boys, based in Tandragee, Co Armagh, was infiltrated by the BBC. After being taken into the inner circle of the gang, its undercover reporter was permitted access to a dog-fight. One dog who lost a fight was killed by its owner by electrocution, it failed as the fuse blew, so he finished the job at home.

What opened up the the whole investigation was the arrest of gaelic football star Gerard Cavlan, who was found to be a leading player in the illegal and savage world of dog-fighting. During the raid on his house, loads of very important dog fighting documents were found with names that expanded the whole investigation. He was let of with a fine in late 2006. Some others were not so lucky and got jail terms. But the dangerous dogs act of 1991 has done very little stop these animals and their dogs.

Yeah I saw it, and no I wasn't shocked at all. We all know that it does happen, just never seen it on TV before. Do I think the government can do anything about? No. Importing an illegal dog is so easy, as shown in the documentary, that the government stand no chance.

Got to say the people who own these dogs are heartless, that bit with the electrocution was shocking (no pun intended), and then when it didn't kill the dog. My heart sank, I couldn't even begin to imagine what kind of pain the dog was in. :( Poor thing.

Meant to watch this but forgot it was on. I don't know why I wanted to watch it though, very depressing really. Over in the states some American Footballer just got done for being involved in a dog fighting ring, they've covered it a bit on the Daily Show. Apparently the NFL's main abhoration was reserved for the gambling involved, not two dogs savaging each other for the amusement of a bunch of knuckle draggers.

Sad state of affairs but when the "great and the good" think nothing of flouting dog hunting bans what can you expect other than a degenerative society.

that bit with the electrocution was shocking (no pun intended), and then when it didn't kill the dog. My heart sank, I couldn't even begin to imagine what kind of pain the dog was in. :( Poor thing.

yeah and that was after 45 mins of fighting and having itsself torn apart,

to then feel safe with its owner, washed down, then having bulldog clips on its tail and nose, wired up to the mains, which then failed (only just mind) then finished off another way :(

I could not watch it-to upsetting:(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom