• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pano Print

shotokan101

Banned
I'm wondering how to go about getting a panorama printed preferably on canvas. It's a six shot pano and it's size is 9764 x 2585

View Large On Black

TIA

What print dimensions are you after Para ?

This Company will do at least up to 60" x 36" - might need to register to see the page....

http://www.tradecanvasprint.co.uk/prices.php

They were mentioned over on this thread recently

http://www.avforums.com/forums/digital-photography/1448710-snapmad-canvas-prints-my-opinion.html

- as were this company

Intelligence Direct : Canvas Printing, Canvas Prints, Fine Art Printers

Jim

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
I don't know Jim, I've never printed a pano before. I'm wondering what size, canvas or paper and where to go?
I'll have a look at those links.
thanks.

shotokan101

Banned
I don't know Jim, I've never printed a pano before. I'm wondering what size, canvas or paper and where to go?
I'll have a look at those links.
thanks.

Ah - me neither - not really ever had anything that I'd considered worth printing "properly" really - other than a few small home prints for friends etc. - but I'm sure some of our more experienced folk will be along shortly to offer more specific advice :)

Jim

mucca_D

Prominent Member
Nice Pano Para :)

Ok so to see I made a test file same size as your original 9764 x 2585

uploaded to bags of love and then played with the size to see the examples

So 48"x12" will give you a small crop at the ends or 60x12 a little top and bottom.

The best way to make sure you get exactly what you order, is to ooutput your file from Ps at the right size

Very simple to use auto crop tool in PS see pic 3

EG say you go for 60"x12" and use bagsoflove you require 200DPI

set your crop tool to the 60in x 12in (plus wrap) 200DPI and draw your crop where you want it

To work out the wrap just add it to the size so 60x12 or in new money 150x30 with a 2.5cm wrap (1")

Set Photoshop crop tool to 158cm x 36cm 200dpi

Save at max JPG and upload job done :)

see detailed info on canvas with wrap here Artworking Instructions for Canvas Prints

Of course I do not work and have no conection with Contrado, only that I use them and they are the best IMHO

Doug

Attachments

• bagsoflove.jpg
    bagsoflove.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 63
  • bol2.jpg
    bol2.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 56
  • ps.jpg
    ps.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 66

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
I went for the pano. See the quick snap I took below.
I haven't got it on the wall yet as you can see. It's about the length of a 3 seater sofa and viewed from a bit of a distance it looks good.

Thanks again for your help, mucca.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

shotokan101

Banned

Zone

Does look good Para, who did the printing in the end?

mucca_D

Prominent Member

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom