pano 42px80b and sky+

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by walfrid, Feb 3, 2009.

1. walfrid

walfrid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got Sky plus recently and ever since I can see lines through the picture and what I can only describe as image retention. It only happens with the sky channel (AV). The analogue and DVB are fine. Ive tried 2 different scarts from my plus box and still the same. Anyone got any recommendations for me?

2. rewerb

rewerb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +639
    If it was image retention you would see the same lines no matter what channel or input you are watching (DVB, SKY, analogue). Image retention would also "wash" away after watching another program for a few minutes.

It does sound like interference on a SCART cable. unplug the aerial and move it right out of the way of the TV and SKY box. Does it go away?

3. davieg1

davieg1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    could the mains cable being near scart cable cause interference as well.

I know when it was close to my aerial it caused interference and when i repositioned it, I had no more problems with pQ

4. funkyspider

funkyspider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    It does sound like scart interference. What quality of scart cables have you tried? The ones that come with the sky box are not good quality and will have little or no shielding.

Have a look in the home cinema classified adverts forum on this site and see if you can pick up a good shielded full RGB scart cable, you should be able to get one for 10-15 if you haggle ;)
    Home Cinema and Hi-Fi Equipment Classified Adverts - AVForums.com

I was never a fan of expensive cables, but my picture quality on sky+ improved noticably when I bought a good quality second hand scart cable.

Also make sure that you have the sky+ box set to output RGB over scart.