pannyS53EB with the 37XP70

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jerry, May 3, 2007.

1. jerry

jerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I have this combi but it appears the HDAVI between the 2 doesn,t exist?

2. jkirk

jkirk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have this combo as well but connected via HDMI into HDMI 1 on the tv. Works great

3. jerry

jerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks for that JKirk such a simple solution but it would have taken me ages to try that. I,ve got sky hd in the other HDMI. I do not have any current dvds to try so I don,t know yet what to expect. There are many settings for the S53 and the 37PX70 come to that. Have you come across crucial make a difference settings. I would be pleased to learn from your experiences?

4. jkirk

jkirk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    When I get Sky HD I will use the HDMI connection for it and connect the 53 via component. Current settings that seem to work for me on the 53 are

16:9 screen
    Cinema
    1080i upscale
    4:4:4 on the component settings

TBH on some vids this is superb and on others not as good so I suppose its down to the input quality. Upscaling on either the 53 or px70 doesnt impress me as much as I thought it would but definitely an improvement on std pic quality.

Whats the output like from the sky HD - is it worth it yet ??

I "think" that you might need a seperate audio feed if using the 2nd HDMI on the TV - please somebody correct me if Im wrong

I would also add that the hype over plasma pic quality is just that. Its better than my old tosh CRT but not the fantastic quality that some folk would swear by

5. jerry

jerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Why Panasonic don,t mention that the HDAVI wont work unless you use the HDMI1 connection I don,t know. I think also that the picture quality on the plasma is all down to the source however most of the terrestial station output (SD) is much better than CRT and better than LCD. LCD has a flat artificial look about it that the 37XP70 doesn,t have. I now have the S53 in to HDMI1 and the HDAVI is working with Sky HD into HDMI2 and I cant see the difference in the Sky.
    I,m not convinced that Sky HD is worth the £10 but I watched the Hustle in HD last night and was quite impressed. I got it really because I thought if I,m going to buy a decent TV whenever I can I want the best picture from it.