PannyDVDR (E100) dont connect to PC!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gliderpilot925, Dec 9, 2004.

1. gliderpilot925

gliderpilot925

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    naged to edit with Pinnacle 9+.
    Unfortunately, my PC only has a CD RW - No problem I thought, I have, and this is the real question, a Pan E100 DVDR, so I thought the firewire connection from PC to DVDR would allow me to digitally record from edit on PC to DVD - But, No! the E100 asks, "What programme" - B.I.I.K (Buggered if I know)
    Great, I'll try to record from PC to my camcorder - still no joy!

I've hit a wall and don't know what to do. Do I have to buy a separate DVD burner, and if so what sort?

(Does anyone know how I can teach myself video editing!!!!!!!!) :zonked: :zonked:

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +250
    I'm afraid there seems to be no way at present of fooling DVD recorders into accepting firewire transfers from a PC. Only DV cameras are recognised. :(

If you are certain that your camcorder is not equipped to record back from the PC then a new burner is the answer.

As you have a Panasonic recorder it might be a good idea to get a burner which can handle DVD-RAM as well as -R and -RW.
    This one is still probably the best.

3. gliderpilot925

gliderpilot925

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Johnjackthom, thanks for that, I half expected the answer although I couldn't find a reference in the Pan manual. Any suggestions re external DVD-RAM burners as the laptop I have wont (I dont think) accept your suggested model? I'd like an external one as I'm probably going to change my desktop, which would accept the suggested drive

4. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +250
    I don't have experience of external drives although I understand they are a fair bit more expensive.

One way around this is a box which houses normal IDE drives and then connects to a USB 2 port, but this may still be a pricey solution.