1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny5 Auto Aspect

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mrkjd, Jul 8, 2003.

1. mrkjd

mrkjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm about to buy a Panny 5. I shall be connecting only a Denon 3803 amp by component to the Panny. All my other boxes (DVD, Cable, XBox, Vid) will be plugged into the Denon and up converted.

My question is - will the Panny auto convert between 4:3 & 16:9 ratios. I am unclear if this is a facility offered by the display or built into cable / sky/ FTA boxes.

Secondly, I am thinking of moving to FTA. The Pace box with built in Hard Disk recording and twin tuners looks good. Any info on this option from Plasma owners?

2. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    The display will not automatically switch between 4:3 and 16:9. There is a "Panasonic Auto" option when using the AV (s-video/composite) input, but I don't use this input so am not sure how (or if in practice) this works.

Unless Pace have sorted out the poor/soft PQ problems with the Twin don't touch it with a barge pole! I bought one of these when they first came out (for use on my Panny 5), but had to take it back due to failed recordings and more importantly terribly PQ. If you want a good Freeview box then take a look at the Netgem i-player.

Rob.

3. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    If you buy a Panny 6, then you would not need any input boards (you can connect component to the VGA port). See Joe's comments in the Panny 6 thread.

Cheers,
    Liam