1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny42" 6 query

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Bigmonty69, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Bigmonty69

Bigmonty69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    I have recently seen a deal where the Panasonic has a tuner board installed and comes with a tuner box. Apparently the box connects straight to the tuner board via some lead. I'm told this leaves you with a Plasma incomaptable with any other board because all component, scart, s-vhs, composite and PC connects are on the back of the tuner box??

My question is because the component connection to the Plasma is now on the back of the tuner box and not directly in the plasma, will this reduce picture quality any from DVD connected to Component?

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    The majority opinion seems to be that the direct connection to the PW6 (via one or more terminal boards) is slightly better than via the tuner.

I have the direct connection method (i.e. my DVD player outputs directly to a component board on the PW6). I haven't seen this side by side with the tuner so I can't say for sure it is better.

Mark

3. deman77

deman77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is considered the main drawback of the PA20s as you have no choice.

People who buy one of those for D6 have not done their homework. The anolog tuner on plasma gives unacceptable picture. So you pay for smth you shouldn't want for free.

4. Bigmonty69

Bigmonty69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    But with the PA20s don't you still have the option to connect Sky or something from the other connections rather than using the tuner and therefore getting yourself a better picture?

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    PA20 has component , RGB scart and S-video scart. Can be connected to DVD Sky etc, USES same video drive circuits as PD30 TV's and is pretty good, RGB is good. Component great! Tuner is not a BAD PQ TBH. + has buikt in soeakers personally aPW6 with freeveiw will look better dont bother with TUNER module!