1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny4 + Sky Pic Quality

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dazzer123, Feb 23, 2003.

1. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi was wondering if you could help me have panny 4 and my picture from sky is terrible, i was wondering if this device from lektropacks would help me, PC/HDTV TUNER + VIDEO SWITCH BOX
    WATCH TV, DVD, SATELLITE OR VIDEO IN STUNNING HDTV/VGA QUALITY i have lot's of jaggies and was wondering if this may cure it link below.

http://www.lektropacks.co.uk/

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Looks like almost a Pro-V clone. Sure it would help a bit, smoothness wise, but a JS RGB converter might do more. Are you using composite video now? The VGA version is probably OK with the Panny 4, check with the man 1st. He'll probably read this anyway.

3. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi thanks for reply here is my setup

Panasonic XV10 scarted in to Sky box
    Sky box scarted in to Panasonic E30
    E30 scarted in to RJ rgb to vga box
    and of course fed up to the vga connection on my Tosh 42PW16

as i say my sky pic is terrible running a pace box had engineer's
    out and they changed lnb and re'aligned and so on and told me i was receiving the best signal i was going to get.

Dvd is fine but sky is like watching a video cd or something.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I think the only thing to improve that will be an iscan, or similar. The pro-v and similar take composite and s-vid, make it smooth but you lose something in the way of colour, you might well find yourself out of the frying pan into the fire. Sometimes the only recourse is vast wads of cash.

5. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Sky is variable but decent/high quality cables can make a noticeable difference. As you have a few things daisy chained it may be worth trying just your sky box connected to the JS box to to plasma to see if you are getting any interference or weakening of signal from the bypass route.
    I use the VGA port for a HTPC and use a VGA to 5 BNCs cable for sky which, after trying both, I prefer. I also upgraded from a cable from JS to sets of Van Damm ones from Joe and the media factory and found them to give better colour serperation and depth. Also, high quality scarts will yield such results too.

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I'd kind of assumed you were using something reasonable in the way of cables. Personally I wouldn't go so far as that with the risk they might all turn out to do nothing, you might find a shop to lend you some to see if they make the difference you are looking for.