1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny W7 series question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Hifi addict, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody have experience with the new panasonic W7 series plasma's?

I am seriously looking into this model and are still looking for a shot to have this display on show.

But before I continue my search for these models, does anybody know what the speed of changing channels is ? I do know that the "normal 37 inch" panny's shift channels extremely slow. 3 seconds to switch channels.

If these W7 series are equally slow, I will forget about them because that will surely irritate me. If they are quicker, I will be on the lookout for them :hiya:

2. Chris5

Chris5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    if you mean a 42pw7, then they don't have a tuner in them at all as they are just monitors so there are no channels to switch, or do you mean switching between video inputs?

3. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know they are monitors, but they can be shipped with a panny tuner. I really ment what the delay is for switching the channels. The 42E30 panny is very very slow and i wondered how the default tuner for this screen would perform.

thanks

4. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is the tuner the same as for the phw6 ??