1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny W6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by AndyGo, Oct 6, 2003.

1. AndyGo

AndyGo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As no one answered my query below (probably cos' covered elsewhere !), I have now pretty much decided on Panasonic after umpteen auditions of different screens (Hitachi good but apears too hard edged & harsh to my eyes in comparison with the more cinematic softer portrayal of the Panny IMO). Question now is, I think I want the Panny 6 series (42") - has anyone auditioned one yet & what's their opinion ref picture quality vs 5 series ? Reason being that 5 series now sold out, also I could just about detect the flicker with it so thinking maybe 6 series has ironed any probs out ? Any help appreciated guys........

Hi Forum, new member with a query.
    I have been into home cinema since the days of Pioneers CLD1450 Laserdisc player !!( yes, I am that old !). I've not really been up on the scene for a while as I was content with my kit until my aging Sony rear projector gave up the ghost recently, I am about to invest in a 42" plasma and have narrowed it down to the Hitachi PMA400E or the Panasonic W5. I have read the problems people have had on here with connecting up plasmas, JS converters ???, etc. I am a bit confused. I use a Yamaha DSP-A1 amplifier as my switch box and basically route a Pioneer DVD player (DV515), pace sky digibox, Pioneer CLD-D925 laserdisc player, Xbox & playstation thru this using S-video or phono connections as appropriate & taking S-video and phono to scart leads out to the telly. Will this work o.k. with these plasma's or am I gonna have problems ?? Please help as I need to buy plasma early this week as life with a temporary 21" TV is just not acceptable any longer !!!!
    Cheers,
    Andy G

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    There are quite a few threads covering this, the concensus seems to be it's better but not so that PW5 owners are tearing out their hair. You've got a lot of components, I'd view and buy from a decent dealer who can sort out your connections. It's 1/2 a day out of someone's life to do that, and whilst the aim here is to help, there are limits on people's time!

3. AndyGo

AndyGo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info , maw.

Anyone out there recommend any good dealers around the Wiltshire /South West area ?????