1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny Viera TH42PE30B and pixels

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Red-Arrow7, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Red-Arrow7

Red-Arrow7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, please excuse the daft question but perhaps someone can give me some guidence. Having read the forum there seem to be positive views about the 37/42 inch Viera. I have also seen a demo of both sizes and thought that the pq was very good. However on reading the specs I saw that the number of pixels is 852X480 versus the pioneer 435 at 1024 X 768. Is this a significant factor? I will mostly be using the screen for family viewing, via the tuner and Sky, and viewing DVDs.
    I would be most grateful for a view from the experts.

2. HeweyBoy101

HeweyBoy101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Viewing standard definition material it won't make much difference - if anything it might look slightly better on a lower res screen.. The only problem I have with the Panasonic screens (and this is a personal view) is noticable flicker, and too obvious line structure in the picture at fairly close range. Arrange a side by side demo at a decent dealer before deciding - and don't believe everything you read on these forums as regards Panasonic - they are good, but there are alternatives, and to some people, future proofing is an issue!