Panny Viera Stands

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by antsplan, Oct 10, 2004.

1. antsplan

antsplan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys

Took delivery of my new 42 " Viera couple of weeks ago, and after a few teething problems I finally have it setup the way I require, due in no small measure to the help from other members of these forums. Thank you.

Anyways, to my point, I ordered online from a very large high street retailer, and went elsewhere and ordered a wall bracket from another company. Imagine my surprise, when said retailer also delivered both the full Stand/Cabinet unit and also the Pedestal Stand, along with my new TV, without charging me for either stand !

Normally Id have been on the phone to inform them of their mistake but to be honest the hassle I have had ordering the TV has soured my view of them.

I'll explain just one of gripes of which there are many: When ordering I asked how much it would cost for the company to wall mount my new television, I was told that it would cost £23.99, you can imagine that when I picked myself back off the floor and asked for the salesperson to clarify that for a mere £23.99 I could have the screen wall mounted, i asked if our converstaions were being recored and asked to proceed with this immediately. I also asked one more time as I know for sure that a competitor of this retailer charges £300 for the same service. The salesperson goes and confirms with their supervisor, and to my amazement states that £23.99 is correct for wall mounting. I'll have some of that.

So couple of days later order is processed and i receive my receipt, on which a charge of £59.99 has appeared for connection ! Right on the phone to ask what this is for and was told that its for connecting up my tele and hanging it on the wall, explained that I'd been told £23.99 but that even at £59.99 it was still good and would just go ahead. So on day of delivery I ask the guys if they'd like a cup of tea, to which they said no - they had to get away immediately to do their next delivery. I asked who was going to mount the tele, to which they laughed and said, "we as retailer X do not mount plasma TV's on customers walls, I dont know who has told you this but, we do not do it". Bye. So there I am wondering what the hell im going to do, when delivery guys chap the door again and said - ok, we'll do it for you for £200 - no questions asked, wink, wink. As you may have imagined I told them to do one, and am now waiting on a cheque from the retailer for the failed 'connection'. I should have known better.

So after getting my joiner friend on board I now have my Viera wall mounted and two very large unopened stands in their boxes taking up space in my spare room.

Any sensible offers ?

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Maybe you could eBay them ;)

I wonder if the pedestal stands are as still elusive to get as they were a few months back.

S.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Pedastal stands are freely available now and as the floor stand is free with all Veira prices for it will fall fast so get it on sale now........... or keep till you might need it...

4. thierfeu

thierfeu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you ship to France ?
    It's in a box ? maybe we could deal...
    send me a mail if you want

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    just to mention that if you decide to sell post add in classifieds forums and take it fromtheor guys..... and please read the rules

6. antsplan

antsplan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HD, apologies, i dont fully understand your post, but I suspect that I have broken a rule by advertising in the main forums, again sincere apologies.

I'll go take a look at the rules.

To be honest guys, Im really seriously considering keeping them, just in case i need em one day. I know this may seem strange but it looks so good on its stand that it would be nice to have it that way one day, but my circumstances are such that i can also have it wall mounted at my current house, so thats the way it will stay for now.

In response to the chap from France (theirfeu) (spelling) I apologise but really do not think it would be worth either yourselves or my time shipping these to you - The main stand is 37KG and is in a VV large box, i can only imagine how much shipping would cost from Scotland. :(

Regards

Anthony