Question Panny UHD900 won't send 4k to Samsung

Jabwylie

Novice Member
Been working a treat using two HDMI's (one audio to AVR-850, and other direct to Samsung). I had to unplug today to move and hey presto no picture, and then if left, eventually 1080p . I've power cycled everything multiple times. Unplugged and replugged all HDMI's . factory reset both UDH and TV. Checked all settings, to no avail.

So I turn it own now, my Arcam AVR-850 picks up the atmosphere, the TV is 'no source' , then after say 5 mins it kicks in with 1080p. I have Monster UltraHD black platinum cables all around, and as I said picture was perfecto just before the move.

ideas

GoingGoingGone

Distinguished Member
Been working a treat using two HDMI's (one audio to AVR-850, and other direct to Samsung). I had to unplug today to move and hey presto no picture, and then if left, eventually 1080p . I've power cycled everything multiple times. Unplugged and replugged all HDMI's . factory reset both UDH and TV. Checked all settings, to no avail.

So I turn it own now, my Arcam AVR-850 picks up the atmosphere, the TV is 'no source' , then after say 5 mins it kicks in with 1080p. I have Monster UltraHD black platinum cables all around, and as I said picture was perfecto just before the move.

ideas
You sure you plugged the HDMI cables back into the same ports?
Sounds sort of like you have the TV connected to the UB900 HDMI secondary port which is 1080p only rathet than the main 4K one. Or if you also unplugged the TV end, put it back into a TV HDMI port which isn't configured for 4K

Last edited:

Jabwylie

Novice Member
i have the audio only hdmi from the 900 going to the avr850 and the video only hdmi going straight to Hdmi port on TV. same cables, same holes. seems like handshake issue (since only happened when they've been unplugged)
I cannot get it to correct the handshake issue though, power cycled everything multiple times

Last edited:

GoingGoingGone

Distinguished Member
i have the audio only hdmi from the 900 going to the avr850 and the video only hdmi going straight to Hdmi port on TV. same cables, same holes. seems like handshake issue (since only happened when they've been unplugged)
I cannot get it to correct the handshake issue though, power cycled everything multiple times
When you say power cycled you do mean complete power off and not just to standby?

Try another cable to TV from the player.
If needed and the UB900 --> AVR850 cable is too short to use, move player temporarily closer to TV. Don't bother with the audio side of things until you get the TV working in 4K.
Take everything else out of the equation. Try a different HDMI port on the TV.
If trying different cable(s) and ports and it still doesn't work with just UB900--->TV connected you may have a more serious problem **

May be worth posting your HDMI setting from the UB900 here but if, as you say, everything was working fine before, just moving and replugging cables shouldn't have screwed settings up.

** Did you have power off when un-plugging and replugging the HDMI cables? If power was on it's possible you may have fried/damaged the port. While hot swapping is often OK I have seen sparking when I forgot to power off and re-plugged HDMI cable. Luckily nothing was damaged on that occasion but since then I have always cold swapped.
Is HDMI hot swappable ?

Are HDMI cables hot swapable? | Audiogon Discussion Forum

Last edited:

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
That's was my thought too, swapping HDMI cable while kit is live can be fatal to HDMI boards. Even if you turn off the power can remain at the ports for several minutes.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom