1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny TX32PL4C probs?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by neelpeel11, Feb 7, 2003.

1. neelpeel11

neelpeel11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my Panny TX32PL4C delivered from Comet this morning.
    Can't wait to get home!!

Anyway, once I get it up and running what sort of defects should I be looking out for? (It's the first decent TV I've ever had so I don't have a clue!:blush: )

i'll let you know what i think of the set on monday.

cheers,
    np

2. fraggle

fraggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    You shouldn't be looking out for faults, just enjoy the new set.

*If* you notice any annoying things wrong with the picture or sound then come back here and ask about them, but don't go looking for them!

3. neelpeel11

neelpeel11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    fair point fraggle.

however, there ARE actually a couple of issues that i need to fix...

whenever there are large red or yellow areas on screen i get distinct (and annoying) vertical lines.
    i've tried reducing the contrast and switching PNR on to no avail.
    any ideas?

also, when there are panning shots in a program the perspective is all wrong and looks unnatural. I'm usually in 'Just' mode. Does this mode stretch the picture in a funny way that causes this or is is something else?

cheers,
    np

4. deckard

deckard
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a TX32PL1, just mode stretches the picture towards the edges - a bit like a fish eye lens but only in the horizontal.

You'll notice things effectively moving quicker at the edges than at the middle where virtually no stretch is applied, this is an unfortunate side effect of viewing in just mode, it does however keep the crucial central viewing area almost undistorted whereas 16:9 mode stretches the centre also.

Are the vertical lines dot-crawl? ie does the edge appear to shimmer and comprise of little dots moving up or down. They should not be visible on an RGB signal but are to be found on composite/s-video/off-air images around areas of strong colour. Not much you can do about them if that's the problem I'm afraid.

5. ilkand

ilkand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've got a TX32PL4, and don't see the vertical lines you mention. Have you tried swapping the scarts about, or rerouting them to see if that is the problem?
    The JUST mode seems to make the picture a bit weird to me. Need to experiment, to see which mode you like best. There is a review of this tele on Home Entertainment's old site somewhere, which gives you an idea of ideal contrast settings etc (as I remember).
    I think its
    Here

Andy

6. Autotec

Autotec
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have a TX32PL1 and have a similar problem with vertical lines in bright colours, but I have discovered that mine dissapear if I come out of just mode, strange one. I did not think it was worth bothering panasonic about.

Has anyone recorded their settings from service menu as I would like to compare