1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny TX32PB50 Problems!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Monster, Aug 18, 2001.

1. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Had the new TV delivered on Thursday fom Emp Dir.<br />Initial problems:<br />1. Horizontal slightly curved lines (moire?) to left and right side of screen. Particularly evident with NTSC signal but visible with all sources including widescreen VHS zoomed to fill screen. Can also see them slightly if switch to AV with source turned off and with brightness turned up high.

2. Slight geometery faul to bottom left of screen. Horizontal line drops down. (Not detectable during normal viewing.

3. It buzzes! Not intrusive even with sound at fairly low levels. Not a problem.

I should think some of the faults can be cured via tyhe service menu but the moire is a concern. I note from MrD's posts that this can usually be cured by 'defocussing the spot size on the scanning bream'. Does anyone know whether this can be done via the service menu or will the set have to go to the workshop?

Apart from these problems the picture is excellent. The progressive scan is great (R1). Hopefully the problems can be sorted. If they can, this will be a superb set.

Any useful info from anyone would be gratefully received. Anyone else got this set and having similar (or any other) problems?

2. Nick Drew

Nick Drew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear of your problems. If you have read all the posts about the PG series then you will know that this moire patterning is an ongoing problem with no cure at present. Panasonic are looking into it at present apparently. Yes they are definately aware of it. I have a 36PG50 which suffers from this moire problem. Only really concerns me in NTSC. I really would advise a refund if you can't live with it as another probably won't be any better. It also shows that the problems inherant on the PG series have been passed on to the PB's too. How the hell they can release another model with the same problems is unbelievable but then the new sets were supposed to be based on the PG chassis anyway. Looks like they are!

[ 18-08-2001: Message edited by: Nick Drew ]</p>

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's a real shame, I was hoping that the PBs would be the PGs without the problems.<br />Strike a PB off the list of possible replacements!<br />(Waiting for a refund on the current TV)<br />Personnally the buzzing drives me nuts, so much so surround sound is never on!<br />However the picture can be brilliant. I can't understand why, it appears, that Panasonic have released another model with the same problems. Can't see it winning back cheesed off PG owners/ex-owners. Would you agree PG owners?