Panny TX32LX500 Vs Phillips 32PF9830

S

starnberg

I'm considering an upgrade from a much loved but now rather small 21" sony CRT and thought I'd settled on the new HD-ready Panny Viera (TH37PV500) but the girlfriend has applied her veto on the grounds of size (the flat's not exactly huge...). Anyway, I'm not interested in a hugely bulky CRT so my thoughts turn to LCD...

Does anyone have an inkling of how the Panny TX32LX500 and the Phillips 32PF9830 might stack up against each other? I think they're both due in this country in July and, judging by the features listings, would seem to go head to head in the specs department. I appreciate that the current panny LCDs aren't the best on the market PQ wise, but I'm wondering if some of the supposed excellence of the PV500 might rub off on the LX500.

Alternatively, does anyone have a different suggestion for an HD-ready 32" screen with decent integrated sound? (the latter point is quite important as the girlfriend has also deployed the veto on surround sound kit...)

I hasten to add I'm not quite as under the thumb as this post might make me appear!

Hi starnberg,

Another good LCD model is the samsung LE32A41B :smashin: , costs less but not as good as the panasonic :thumbsdow.

All I can say is...wait and see! Going on past records, however, the Philips is most likely to be superior in both PQ and other features. It'll have all the right connections and a recalcitrant girlfriend pleasing feature known as 'AMBILIGHT!'

Don't underestimate this feature...it is truly pleasing and I have not yet failed to get 'ooohhs' and 'aaahhhs' from anybody who has seen it working....you might even get a wee oohh! from your girlfriend!

Anyway, Philips are currently LCD Kings and I see no reason to doubt that the 9830 will be a 'spanking' TV......more ooohs and aahhhhs...

I expect the Panny will be pretty good too, but they have a LOT of ground to make up after the very average nature of their current range...

Jimmy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom