• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panny TX-P50GT50b good for my needs?

blueraven

Established Member
Hi,
I'm close to buying the above TV,but i'm having 2nd thoughts.
I will be upgrading from an LCD SONY KDL 40W5500 in our lounge which is a North facing room with the window opposite.
Outside is a conservatory so it's pretty dark 24/7, we have wall lights either side of the TV (energy saving lamps),These are on more than off because of how dark the room is.

I will be watching alot of HD (SKY) ,Bluray films and PS3 gaming.

Is this the TV for me or is there something else i should seriously consider with regards to Gaming/HD viewing and 3D experience?

P.S My maind concerns are
1, Flicker from the active glasses from the wall lights,
2, Crosstalk/ghosting/gaming lag while playing 3D PS3 and watching movies,
3, Possible reflection from the window behind effecting the screen.

Thanks.

Last edited:

salomon22

Standard Member
I have this tv and its a excellent set...I cant comment on the gaming lag etc as i dont use it for that...reflections though can be an issue to some people if the set is opposite a window or has a lamp directly opposite.. I have both of these problems but live with it because i mainly watch late afternoon and nightime and its such a great picture on most channels and with blu ray. As for the 3d i have watched a couple of 3d movies hrough the usb port and it seemed fine to me but i must say im not a fan of 3d. I paid 879 for mine with 5 year warranty and free glasses at the begining of january.. It has been for sale other places for £749 a couple of weeks ago.. Whats the best price youve found.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom