Panny TX-32PS12 Vs Sony KD32DX150

M

m3kop

I have a Panny TX32PS12 with Power supply issues that cause interference lines on the screen. I have spoken to Panny who say that this set has a problem due to the power supply, but are unable to help or want to help. The dealer has been good and I am now on my 3rd set. Due to the ongoing problem I am going to upgrade to the Sony KD32DX150 have any of you got this set and if so what do you think.

All views welcome

I have a Panasonic TX-28DT30 IDTV and have a problem with a vertical line on the screen. I know some other owners have the same problem, but I don't know the cause. I was wondering if the cause could be the same as yours, i.e. interference caused by the power supply.

The line is a thin dark band from top to bottom of the screen, always in the same position, about 40% across from the right hand side of the screen. It's not visible all the time--visibility depends on the picture. I only see it when watching digital TV, not analogue TV or an external source like DVD.

I also have a problem with a moving vertical line, scrolling from left to right across the screen at intervals of about a second. This does not appear when watching the TV signal directly, but affects the output to scart, so I see it when playing back a recording. Oddly, however, it only occurs if I am watching from the scart while recording. (I do this quite often, using the Timeslip feature of my DVD recorder.) This is definitely not crosstalk on the scart cable.

Any ideas what the cause could be?

Yes, as to the lines, this sounds the same issue. With regards to the other, I only have static lines not moving. Panny have said that any line issue could be down to Power supply units.

Sorry I could not be of more help, may be it is down to leads etc..

Originally posted by m3kop
I am going to upgrade to the Sony KD32DX150 have any of you got this set and if so what do you think.

Welcome to the forums;)

How does this Sony compare to the Philips pixel plus? Anyone have any experience with the 2???

Taz,

The dilemma is Sony Tosh or Phillips??? The reviews say that Phillips can have interference problems and also only has 2 scarts one of which is RGB. Must make a decision this week!!!!! Anyone with ideas this is the time I need your help or advice.

Originally posted by m3kop
Yes, as to the lines, this sounds the same issue. With regards to the other, I only have static lines not moving. Panny have said that any line issue could be down to Power supply units.
Thanks for that. Sorry I can't help with your question.

Have a look at the yahoo group "28dt30" for a lenghty discussion about the vertical band problem on the dt30. I don't think its a power supply problem.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom