Panny TX-32pl10

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Phil Durkin, Mar 28, 2002.

1. Phil Durkin

Phil Durkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone who currently owns this TV give me there honest opinion on the picture quality, i will be mainly using it via a Pioneer DV 545 player, the sound is unimportant. Do you have any other suggestions for a similar priced Nicam only TV (£1000), remember picure quality is the main issue. kind Regards..

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this Panny and I have to say that I am very disappointed with it's overall performance. I owned 2 Panny 4:3 sets and they were brilliant.........I initially went for a Philips 32"6515 set but had to return 2 faulty sets....so I went for the PL10 instead.....I am on my 2nd one because the first had a faulty RGB socket.

My main complaint about this set is that the digital processing is very noticeable with strange artifacts visible when panning accross the screen. I had expected to see a far smoother picture with the 100Hz but instead I actually see more flicker than I did with a 50 Hz set........I think I should have gone for the PL1 instead.

I looked at an awful lot of widescreen sets when I was trying to choose the model to buy and I think the best picture I saw was on a 50Hz Sony but I can't remember the model number.

Gordon