Panny TX-32DTX10 or 40 - what gives?

A

adder

Thinking of getting one of these and have seen the 40 model for about £800 but the 10 model is about £680. Is it really worth spending an extra £120 for another scart connector and some extra 'fastext pages' (whatever they are) or am I missing something fundamental? I plan to rig up a Panny DMR55 dvd recorder and a Gamecube.... :confused:
Thanks for any feedback!

From what I understand, the 40 has as Quintrix SR tube which is the same one used in the TX-32pd30 but without the Acuity processing. It apparently gives you a higher quality picture. The 40 also does Picture in Picture. The 10 has a Quintrix F tube which I believe is used in the majority of the Panny widescreens i.e. PM11 etc.
Not aware of any other differences...hope this helps!

I looked on the Panny site and did a comparison of these two and it reported that both TV's use the QuintrixF tube!

The DTX40 uses the QuintrixF SR, the t'other uses the QuintrixF.

Look to the right of the TV picture on each webpage

Ahh did not know that, thanks for the info scrapbook. Is the QuintrixF SR tube worth getting over the QuintrixF. I think the price difference is about £100 - £120

Well I doubt that there is much in it to be honest. I looked at the Digi Panny models quite alot and was very close to buying the DTX40 at one stage. THe only reason for considering buying the DTX40 rather than the DTX10 was that I needed the extra scart socket, preferred the look and felt condfident that I was buying their top model (other that PD30).

I have subsequently decided (I think) to go for a JVC, as I read one or two worrying posts recently about problems with updates on IDTV tuners. THe reviews I have seen on the DTX40 are excellent though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom