Panny TX-26LXD70 or Sony 26T3000 - help needed!

T

timrich75

Looking to get the best 26" tv i can - these two seem pretty close but what does everyone else thing?

Or are there any new models that are coming out soon (Tosh?) that would be better

And before you ask, i've got a fairly small room so can only go up to a 26"

These are the best 2 in the market......not sure if the 26" Panny buzzes, but the Panny has 100hz technology, the Sony does not.....so a tough one.

The two best 26" on the market.As a sony fan and because the sony is cheaper(I think),I suggest you the 26T3000

But if you like to watch sports then, the Panny will be better.

Yes I agree.But generally I dont think it will be much difference.

You will be surprised, there is blurring on my 40"D3000 when I switch off the Motion Enhancer!

Thanks for all your help so far.

I am a sports fan so why is the Panny better?

And are there any new models due out soon

Thanks for all your help so far.

I am a sports fan so why is the Panny better?

And are there any new models due out soon

Yeah I think Ive almost decided on the Panny(they both make buzzing noises but its slightly more noticable on the panny so not as big a deal as I once thought) the out of the box picture quality is apparently one of the best around but theres not many custom options/controls(personally Id rather not have to... as I wont be able to stop messing with them with every film/game lol). The backlight is adjustable on Sony and not on the Panny but personally I cant see why youd want to mess around with that or turn off the 100Hz option(it seems the Panny is set up to work as intended out of the box and the Sony is much more configurable to set up as you like).

I think what clinched it was the 100hz motion blur reduction, everyone who has it notices an improvement and this set has one of the best solutions, along with better quality from SD sources it makes it better for Gaming and Sports and as a PC monitor IMO.

Both are top quality sets though, you cant go wrong with either, so it depends on what you will be using it for.(just make sure you get a good price on whichever you go for... I think I'll have to wait a while and see if the panny comes down in price or atleast untill I can afford it, now Ive decided though, something else will come along and confuse things further naturally :D )

Edit: Timrich - Im quite a beginner as Im looking for my first but Ive been looking at the same sets(quality 26" set for my room as a TV and Monitor), I think the Sports comment was to do with the fast action where the motion blur redution and 100Hz refresh would help alot(same with gaming, you get bluring and sometimes ghosting on fast action scenes on alot of LCDs apparently).

I've asked JL to pricematch the panny against a shop on the edgware road who have it for £550 - if i can get it for that i'll be well pleased

Timrich - let us know how you get on!

Which JL did you contact to pricematch?

Hi,

I have a panny 26LXD70 at home, and i have to say the picture quality is fantastic. I used to say that for picture quality you still cant beat a CRT screen butI am currently viewing a SD signal with the built in freeview and the picture is better then any CRT telly!!!

Plus it has loads of connections and even a pcmcia card slot (may be useful in the future).

I looked around at the 26inch LCDs for a while and I believe the panny 26LXD70 to be the best 26inch LCD TV (if not the best 26inch full stop) on the market? You wont be dissapointed!! (I hope)

I've had my tx26lxd70 for a week and am delighted - its great 4 watching the rugby world cup. Even in SD format it is stuning

The panny tx26"lxd70 is a little cracker. Bought mine in March and love it to bits. Excellent sd, gorgeous hd and with 100hz panel no motion blur that bedevils other lcd's. Best 26" on the market, I could go on but people might think I work for Panasonic, I dont, honest!

not had a response yet from JL Bluewater. The guy i spoke to claimed they had to send someone to the store (?!) to check it was in stock...

It's been a week now so i'll be calling them this afternoon again as i want to pick it up this weekend

I'm in exactly the same position as you in trying to decide between these 2 sets. I think I'm going to go with the Panasonic though due to the 100hz feature.

The Sony looks a lot nicer but I have to look past that really.

I really hope the Panasonic is as good as everyone says. The one thing that really concerns me is SD signals. I'm going to be using my Wii a lot on this TV as well as SD DVD's and FreeView.

I've been looking into getting a new TV for over 2 years now and have stuck it out with my Sony 21" 4:3 CRT so I don't want to be dissapointed. I'm not totally convinced by the whole LCD thing but it's time I went widescreen and as I've got an Xbox 360 I'd like to see my games in proper HD at long last. Just need to get a PS3 now too!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom