1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny Tuner

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by john R1, Jul 3, 2003.

1. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the panny tuner no good at all, or are some people quite happy with it, also is the multimedia box part of the tuner or also seperate, and again is this also no good for connecting cable digital to the plasma screen thanks johnR1

2. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    If you want your plasma to be a "television" then the Tuner/Receiver is ideal. It makes your plasma work just like a regular widescreen television (tuner, teletext, simple video controls), with four scarts and component RCA input allowing easy connections of DVD/Sky/Cable/VCR/console/etc. Single cable from Receiver to plasma can be a bonus too. Very wife/girlfriend friendly. ;)

If you want to be a bit more "hardcore", and put things like line-doublers and scalers or plug in PCs* and have access to more advanced setting then the tuner is not for you. However, you should bear in mind that there are additional costs in their route to convert signals or connectors from scarts to plasma friendly ones. Furthermore, it's not as wife/girlfriend friendly.

* Tuner/Receiver works with PC VGA socket, but you have to power down and unplug receiver first.

I used to own a Tuner/Receiver but now don't -- it wasn't because the PQ is terrible, it's because I wanted more toys. Is the PQ worse with tuner? With component video, I don't think so. Sky/cable picture is usually improved though other methods; and camcorder/VCR etc look just the same.

I have friends with tuners and they work really well for them and their families -- other friends want more options, and cables running to their screens.

StooMonster

3. SherrifJWPepper

SherrifJWPepper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can have mine for £300 if your interested mate, I dont use it now :suicide: