1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny TH42PWD7 Scart input, Help required!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by yoda, Jun 7, 2005.

1. yoda

yoda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all. This is my first experience of AV Forums and I would appreciate a little help Please.

I have a Panasonic TH42PWD7 plasma and am using a TY42TM6T scart input board to input from a Keene electronics Scart commander scart switcher. My telewest cable box and DVD5 are plugged into the scart switcher on high quality cables.

I plug these in this way for two very specific reasons;
    1. Automatic format switching (16;9/4;3)
    2. Automatic input selection (simplicity for the wife!)

Now for the problem, I get colour bleed and image doubling which makes the picture look very soft and fuzzy. Not at all what I would like!

I have tried putting the Scart switcher into the PC input on the screen with a Keene Syncblaster cable and the image is crisp and clean, the problem with this is that I lose the format switching which is essential to a happy marriage!

Last thing to say is that I do have an HDMI input card and Tuner card on the way to fill the other two inputs and make use of the DVI output on the DVD5.

So my question is, is the Scart input board broken or is it just crap! The scart input on my £200 beko TV looked marvelous so I find it hard to believe that Panasonic would make a poor job of this type of connection.

Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks :lease:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    scart board is carp (make sure its set up for RGB tho, then try compsoite) Why the tuner card? only of use with tuner....................and tuner box must be OFF (not standby) to use DVi and scart inputs..........

3. yoda

yoda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply hornydragon, have been doing some research elsewhere and have heard bad things about the scart board, wish I had heard this before!!

Slightly worried about the Tuner card thing, are you saying that I won't be able to use the other inputs on the screen when this board is in?

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    well the tuner board doesnt do anything except connect to the tuner box (PQ also crap) and when there is AC power to the tuner box it blacks the other boards so you have to get of your arse and press the front panel button

5. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +469
    scart is fine for hooking up a ps2 or something but not greatest for tv

6. yoda

yoda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info, have now cancelled the order for the tuner board!!

Thanks again for the help, have now decided to get a PARC and change the input board arrangement to include a component input!!

Ta!