1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panny th42pw4b and sky+ comp??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by danny-p, Nov 29, 2002.

1. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    has anyone connected sky+ to there panny 42 using component imputs??
    The reason i ask is because ive got an ixos rgb scart to 5rca component cable which works fine with my dvd player and when i try it with sky+ the plasma states "no signal?"
    Ive switched the sky+ to rgb setting in the options menu and no better and the plasma's setting to rgb??
    Surely if it works for a dvd player then it should work for sky?
    If i need a different cable please let me know.
    cheers...danny

2. gab2001uk

gab2001uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I tried the same thing, by making my own cable to take RGB and composite synch from the SCART. It worked perfectly from a cheap DVD player, horizontal scrolling from Free-to Air digital , and nothing from Sky. It seems not all SCARTs are born equal.
    Problem overcome with JS RGB to VGA box which splits the composite synch into separate H and V. Can then be fed either into the discrete phono inputs, or the PC VGA input.

3. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gab, where did you buy the js rgb to vga box?

4. DaveCheltenham

DaveCheltenham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    gab2001uk - You have to set up SCART active and RGB out on the Sky box service menu to output RGB and then it works fine.

5. gab2001uk

gab2001uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    http://www.rgbtosvideo.com/
    John Sim is a regular poster on these forums. I also use his SCART to Component box, as I do not have enough inputs on my Quattro SCART switcher for 2*Sky boxes, DVD Recorder, DVD Player, Free To Air Digital box. Excellent quality products.

Dave: I tried that ,but still no joy. Could have been the poor quality of my soldering!

6. DaveCheltenham

DaveCheltenham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    gab2001uk – just a couple of thoughts. The new and cheaper Sky DigiBox has only 1 SCART and no RGB output. For the others including Sky+, only the TV out will work and you have to make sure any VCR or Cascade connection is not overriding the RGB output.

The connections are Composite Out: 19/17 (E), Red: 15/13 (E), Green: 11/9 (E) and Blue: 7/5(E). The second number on each is the earth screen.

If you select Video Input rather than RGB, you should be able to display the composite signal. Be sure on the Plasma RGB input to select the correct sync source.

For me, RGB gives a superb pin sharp display with no ring on the DigiBox or cascaded DVD RGB output through the DigiBox. This is using Panasonic connection board and a home made cable.

Hope this helps.