1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny TH42PE30 Wall Bracket Debate

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Si133, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Si133

Si133

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks. First post, so be gentle!

I have wadded through various threads concerning the TH42PE30, and discovered various conflicting messages with regards to the wall bracket (or lack of).

I'm about to get a 42PE30, but I need to know where I stand with the wall bracket.

I have the TH42PE30 on order, as well as a bracket, which I think is the offical panny one (from Unbeatable). However I want to confirm this. Anyone know the code number for the offical one?

Also, regards these universal ones. I have heard that you can mount the screen with them, but removing the screen without damaging the set or bracket is near impossible.

Can anyone confirm they have used a universal bracket, and removed the TV easily afterwards? If so, what bracket did they use?

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    I think you'll find universal brackets will offer the same functionality as "official" ones. We have used Unicol, BetterBrackets, B-Tech, Veda, SMS, Vogels and all do basically the same job (and most are OEMs of each other!).

3. janmolby

janmolby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Si

I used the Vogel EFW2001 bracket for my 37PE30 and although it’s a universal bracket it does the job fine. The only problem being the release button, which is inaccessible, once the TV is mounted. As a result you cannot take the TV off the bracket without bending the safety bar. This sounds worse than it actually is and I would suggest bending the bar before mounting the TV so that it is easier to get off the wall.

Other than that, it does what it says on the tin!

4. Si133

Si133

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great. Someone previously stated that due to the design of the PE30 (in particular the "bulge" of the speaker ) they could not remove the screen once it was up, as the bulge blocked the release. I am guessing this is why the offical one is much deeper

I'm a bit concerned ordering a universal, only to find I have the same trouble as the guy above.

I've heard a few people used the vogel, but again, I don't know of anyone who tried to take the screen off again.

5. janmolby

janmolby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I used the Vogel as it was the only one I could get hold of in time for my planned installation. But I have to say it was relatively pain free, well constructed and easy to do. The “bar bending” is not complicated or technical and it renders the release button inoperable making removal much easier.

I hear good things about Unicol and AV Sales’ universal bracket so these could also be worth a try but I wouldn’t pay over the odds for the official one!

6. Yanny

Yanny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried to buy a Panasonic mount for my TH42PE30 from buyyourav.com but was told they weren't yet available so they sent me a suitable universal one instead (£150ish). It does it's job perfectly, it sit's the TV 6 inches fron the wall which is about the depth of the TV plus just enough to pass your scart leads beneath the bottom speaker. Unless you get close to the wall you can't see the bracket at all due to it's size and the styling of the TV. Once hung on the bracket via a hefty 5mm-ish dia steel bar there are two small screws to finally lock everything in place. They are accessed from the side of the TV and easy to reach with a long cross head screwdriver. I'm no expert but overall it seems dead on.

7. Si133

Si133

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have ordered the panasonic wall bracket TYWK42PV3, which is linked to the TV on Unbeatable, but is currently out of stock. At £158 It seemed a bargin, if indeed it is the correct bracket and that it actually arrives.

I am toying with the idea of canceling it and ordering a universal.

Also, I'm about to order the TV itself from John Lewis today. Anyone know the cheapest JL store this week? Or the ones most willing to price match? I've been having trouble with my two local stores (Brent Cross & Welwyn)

8. Si133

Si133

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you know the make of it?

9. Yanny

Yanny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, it's a Veda Z840. Just done a search for it on thier site and I couldn't find it.

Give 'em a call on 08707010004.

10. redface

redface
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a cheapo bracket on ebay (check one guy sells loads), it cost £70ish and is perfect

11. Si133

Si133

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen the guy on ebay selling the "PE30" bracket. How deep is it, and have you removed the plasma easily, once its up?

12. redface

redface
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not measured it but its a tight as the PE30 could manage. Easy to take off the wall

13. Si133

Si133

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got the ebay bracket. £65 and solid as a rock. Fantastic price and build. Thanks forthe tip.