1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panny th37pw7b

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by claire handford, Feb 2, 2005.

1. claire handford

claire handford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have purchased a th37pw7b £1300 :clap: from av sales ( very helpfull ) Due on friday. But i was mistaken in thinking it was b for black, But its silver, my mistake. :suicide:
    Whats the finnish like as i,ve not seen one and the wifes a bit concerned.
    P.S The black version 37pwd7 costs almost £200 more :mad: Which seems a lot of money for a bit of black/chacoal paint!
    I will just have to pray it looks the biz. Has anyone got any good pics of a silver panny....

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    PW7 and PWD7 are 2 different models claire, and the PWD is silver/charcoal and PW7 is silver only, PWD is commercial and PW is consumer..

3. claire handford

claire handford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does this mean that the pwd is of a higher spec in some way. And that the pw7b is just a poor mans version ?

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    there are some small technical differences...........if you want black has to be PWD mate

5. claire handford

claire handford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the silver bezel on the pw7b of a good finnish , or the usual grey/silver.
    Prob like my panny 32" crt ? Are there any improvments in pic quality to be had by going for the pwd ( trying to talk myself into paying the extra :rolleyes: )

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    better PIP options

7. claire handford

claire handford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply,s. Think i,ll change my order tommorow and go for the charcoal :rolleyes: Pitty i can,t fit the 42" in , only £25 more :suicide:

8. AV-Learner

AV-Learner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just thought that I would chip in on this one. Bought a PW7B about a week ago and we are over the moon with it, looks and PQ. The silver surround is fine unless you have got lots of black kit that you want to match. Black kinder looks more techie too I guess.

On the price you can get the PW7 at present from Richer Sounds for £1100 (I paid £1150 last week!) but it comes without an input board and they charge £150 for it. As far as I can see you get one "free" from AV-Sales but in total they are charging £50 more than Richer, but I guess it is only the poor men that have to worry about £50! I have seen that HD is an AV-Sales supporter though and the experience of 9000 odd postings cannot be ignored, eg some comments I read on after sales service.

One tip I can give from the purely mechanical aspect is to put some thought into the wall bracket that you purchase. The one we got (non Panny make) cost £150 and to my mind it is a design nightmare and, as it is a generic product that can be used with a number of screens sizes (and I guess that 37" is one of the smaller ones), you can just see the two uprights that attach to the screen protruding behind it at the top. As aesthetics seem to be a strong point for you it would be worth checking carefully what you buy, whether the screen is a PW7 or a PWD7.

Hope that this helps a little.

9. blackmanalishi

blackmanalishi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    But includes delivery, RS is instore collection only and not ideal for people who dont drive,have sexy little Audi TT, MX5 etc, anyone taken a 37" or 42" on a bus?

My distaste for RS cant deny that they are cheap..........but at what price?