Panny TH37PW5B & Camcorder playback

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by moff, Jun 21, 2004.

1. moff

moff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,
    I'm having real trouble playing back my camcorder through my Panny and Sony Davs888, Sky + system. I can get the picture up by switching to the AV screen but there is no sound. How do I hook it all up so I can do some editing, do I need to go through the Sky+ or Sony box or should I be able to do it just by connecting to the monitor.

Any advice gratefully received.

2. Wazy

Wazy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What kind of cable are you using?

If you have video but no audio it might be that you are using an s-video or composite type connection which does not have the audio part of the cable connected properly.

Wazy

3. moff

moff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for my technical ignorance but I am using the red/white/yellow connections into my Panny, I have also tried this into the back of the Davs888 but with no joy.

4. Wazy

Wazy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The lead you mention is a composite plus audio lead. The yellow is composite video and the red and white are for the left and right audio channels.

If you are getting no audio then it might be that you have the red and white plugged into outputs on the tv and not inputs as required.

What you could do is plug the red and white into a spare input on your sony surround system and then select that input on the 'function' (video 1 or aux as examples) to get the audio through that.

Wazy

5. moff

moff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers I'll try that tonight........thanks