Panny TH37PE50B ITV logo - Strange ghosting

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by [email protected], Nov 7, 2005.

1. g@djet

[email protected]
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I finally bought a plasma at the weekend, the Panasonic TH37PE50B.

Just noticed something funny this evening, the screen after Emerdale where they tell you what's on ITV1,2 and 3, had some images scrolling diagonally down that looked like ghost images of the logos and also when there is a dark blueish background there seems to be some fluttering / strobing :confused: of the colour.

This was watching the FVRT200 freeview on Scart 2 SVID.

Anyone else come across this :confused:

2. simonr

simonr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Soundslike some kind of feedback through one of the scart cables, you may need to cut pin 19 on one end of the scart leads.

3. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +768
    It could be the FVRT200 that is at fault though as sadly this particular unit comes in for some pretty heavy criticism on a good many forums, not least for having pretty dodgy build quality. Why are you using Svid anyway does it not have RGB..? What is it like using the integrated Freeview tuner.

4. g@djet

[email protected]
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So far the FVRT200 has been great, I'm using SVID as I have a DVR and DVD using the other 2 RGB inputs but I'm thinking of swapping the Panny DMRS E10 to the SVID input for day to day stuff and use the component input for watching good DVDs.

The build quality isn't brilliant but then I think its relatively cheap and it made by Bendix for digifusion.......

5. g@djet

[email protected]
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I've had problems with this before and now I've got a TV with an analogue tuner, freeveiw tuner and an external Freeveiw box and a sky box.................it could get complicated.

I'll start removing inputs to see if it helps.

6. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +516
    Sounds like ghosting via Pin 19 tuner feedback. Get yourself better scart cables or snip pin at display end of scart cable.

7. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +768
    Can't you daisy chain your equipment via scarts instead of using one for the DVDR and one for the DVD? I have Sky+, a DVDR, and a VCR and yet I only use the one scart on the t.v. Doing this has no effect on PQ I can assure you, and would leave an RGB free for you to use.

8. g@djet

[email protected]
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally got myself a decent SCART lead, IXOS 611, and all the problems went away, the pictutre is now superb, much more vibrant.

I opened up the original SCART lead and it was just 21 wires and no shielding in sight, I'm surprised I even got a picture out of it.

Moral..... Don't use cheap SCART leads :devil: , you get what you pay for :lesson:

[email protected]

9. meweavy

meweavy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,278
    hello just out of curiosity ive just ordered a th37pe50 and im concerned about what scarts to use also im gonna get some ixos scarts for sky digital,dvd player possibly ps2 can you tell me what connections i should use.do i get an rgb for the dvd,does it work best in the s video connection or av1.av2 also any info on the sky digital set up also.do i buy scart to scart leads,scart to s video leads or rgb to scart leads.any info will be appreciated.cheers.