1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny TH37PE30 what dvd player/recorder??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bullybash, Jun 10, 2004.

1. bullybash

bullybash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Just purchased Panny TH37PE30 .
    Any suggestions on a good progressive scan dvd player. Thinking of denon 2200 or Panny DVD recorder 85. Still not sure on picture quality from recorders. The machines are cost about the same.
    Please help :laugh:

Thanks

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,701
    Don't you get the DMRE85 for £100 when you buy any of the Viera displays anyway? Certainly I got it for £120 (£20 extra for multi region) when I got my TH37PE30. It's a good match as it does PAL progressive and converts incoming sources to that too.
    Oh and the picture looks fab from the DMRE85. Where did you get your viera from as I'm sure it's a panasonic offer so you should have got it.

Cheers
    Andy

3. meridian808

meridian808
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If you got JL to price match they will also sell you the Panny DMR 85 rec for
    £299 as part of their offer :D

W

4. Wazy

Wazy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm, so are you saying that it can convert an rgb sky signal for example into a progressive signal to be fed to the plasma via component? I assume this DVD Recorder does have component outputs.

5. bullybash

bullybash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my Panny TH37PE30 from JL,they priced matched Richer Sounds with a 5 year gar.I do note that Richer sounds have put their prices up a wee bit since I got mine a month ago.
    Does the DMRE85 do both PAL /NTSC progressive? how about J-PEG if I save my pictures on CD-R etc? Are you using component leads,if so what ones are you using? I just purchased IXOX- XHT601 scart to scart to connect from sky box to Panny,this has improved sound and picture. If I can do a deal with JL I might go for the DMRE85. I note pioneer are rlaunching a couple of new DVD players 575 and 470. Don't tknow if these will be worth the wait for picture quality over DMRE85.

6. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,701
    Yep, that's exactly what I'm saying. And a good job it seemed to make of it too! Yes it was via component from the dvd recorder.

Andy

7. dont sink

dont sink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I posted elsewhere on this forum my PE30/ DMR100 or 85 dilemma. The £100 offer was from AV-sales. Is that where you bought it from?. Its not a panasonic offer.

8. meridian808

meridian808
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If you bought the PE30 from JL (at any price) they will sell you a DRM 85. for £299. - thats £300 off their list & @ £150 cheaper than any web price.

they are region 2 tho.

I found this out 2 days after buying the screen & they have honoured the offer.

HTH

W