1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny TH37PE30 software

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by PhilipEllis23, Feb 5, 2005.

1. PhilipEllis23

PhilipEllis23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

First time post so hope you can help!

I've had a TH37PE30 for approx 4 months. During that time its said that theres new software available twice. Both times I've said to download it but I don't get any progress bars or anthing like that. Eventually (after maybe 30 mins) I've turned it off and on again.

Then it says that the software is up to date. I'm currently at E10_2.26 but last week I recorded something and there was an update message across the bottom the whole time. Funny thing is that when I now check (and I'm tuned to BBC at the time) it says its up to date.

Also, on the EPG I only get now and next whereas my standalone Sony freeview on my other telly is giving me a week. I'm hoping that Panny are giving this facility and maybe this is what the upgrade is about. Anybody know?

I read about resetting with volume down/information button but haven't got that to do anything.

Help! Any information greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Philip

2. Orlando

Orlando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    When you get the update message, you have to go to the Menu, choose setup and then start autosetup. It will then say, are you sure this will change all your program listings. Say yes and you will then get your progress bar as it retunes itself, this takes about five mins.

3. PhilipEllis23

PhilipEllis23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I think you're referring to the new channel message whereas I'm talking about the new software message.

Feel completely free to correct me though!

Philip

4. hao

hao

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem, I keep getting the message that an update is available but when I go into the menu to download it I am told it has the latest version. My solution was to turn off the update reminder and to look at the TV magazine.

5. happyh

happyh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    your freeview EPG needs updating to version 2.36. Available here:

http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/download_schedule.pl

However please note that they only broadcast the one for your Pany from time to time.You must check to see when the next broadcast is.
    Also, to recieve the update you must power off the viera, then ensure it powers back straight to BBC1 in DVB mode.Then follow the instructions.Takes 5 mins or so.
    You will then get a full 7 day listing.
    Worked for mw :)

6. Katiesdad

Katiesdad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Philip

Although you are talking about a new software message I have found that you must still go through the auto setup routine as if you were storing new channels.

BBC1 > Setup menu> DVB Auto Setup

The panny will then go through its 'search / store / order' routine of channel update and when finished you also have the new version of software.

Thats how it worked for me anyway :thumbsup:

Hope this makes sense

Paul

7. hao

hao

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like I've missed the boat on this one, will try it agian some time when i have a day to spare.

8. PhilipEllis23

PhilipEllis23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the responses. I'll watch out for the next transmission and see how I get on.

Philip

9. fitguy

fitguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    yep, I did this for the last two weeks....

Everytime i turned it on, new message, go to update, already there.....

NOW, read the message properly, it does actualy tell you to go to system setup , and not update.......

yep....the girlfriend actually noticed that....

10. hao

hao

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know when the next update is?