1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny TH37PA20 + Progressive Scan DVD

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by boingboing, Jun 21, 2004.

1. boingboing

boingboing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Just two weeks into having my first plasma (and still having the settings on low), with an old Hitachi 305 DVD player and gold plated scart leads I am very very pleased with the picture - especially having watched LOTR TTT and Terminator 3 last night.

But, I have to say that I keep being told that using component leads and buying a new progressive scan DVD player that it would FURTHER improve the picture possibly up to 3 times!! But how far do you take these things?

So, my question is this, having just been into Richer Sounds do I spend another £150 for a DVD player and another £60 on component leads having just spent over £2k on the new plasma? DOES IT MAKE AN AMAZING AMOUNT OF DIFFERENCE?

Cheers
    :smashin:
    Pete

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    A decent DVD player will make a difference, but not one to put a numerical qualification on, how the hell do you measure that? If you're a richer fan, then one of their Cambridge players might be just the ticket, but try www.lektropacks.co.uk for a component cable. Better and cheaper.