1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panny th37pa20 - pixels "dancing"?!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jimmy_b, Dec 23, 2004.

1. jimmy_b

jimmy_b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

I have had my Panny for about 6 months and have always been very pleased with the picture. However, recently I have noticed a strange picture effect which I am sure was not there before.
    It is hard to describe but I will try.....
    The pixels seem to "dance" on the screen as if their colour is changing slightly with time. Obviously it is most noticable on still shots when the colour of each pixel should be staying the same. It is most easy to see where a colour is gradually changing and you can see the slight contouring effect between the shades (NB the contouring effect has always been there so that's not a problem). At the boundary of the 2 colours, the pixels seem to change colour rapidly such that the contour is not stable. The boundary continually changes which gives the eye the effect that the pixels are dancing about - like atoms bumping into each other.

Can anyone explain whether they have seen this before, what it might be, what it is called and whether it is a problem. As I say, I am sure I have only started seeing it recently and it is driving me mad. Maybe it was since the Pace software upgrade at the end of November but that seems unlikely.
    Help!

I have the display connected to a Pace Twin receiver using an Ixos scart lead into scart 1 (RGB) socket.

Thanks
    Jimmy

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +935
    More than likely a combination of Dithering and Solarization (although Dithering tends to be dancing green dots). I get it on my PWD6 but it's usually only visible on certain scenes (like fog, underwater) or if you're right up close to the screen.