Panny th37pa20 Overscan adjustment!

gingerone

I have the above plasma and love it but the overscan needs to be adjusted, I know you can adjust this on the pc input but does anyone know if this will affect the plasma as a whole or just the pc input?
If not does anyone know how to adjust the overscan?

gingerone

Damn that looks like one scary service menu! Have you adjusted yours yet Salva?
Do I need H and V amp or pos?

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by gingerone
Damn that looks like one scary service menu! Have you adjusted yours yet Salva?
Do I need H and V amp or pos?
Both, The Amplitude adjusts the size vertically and horizontally and the Position alters the "Position".

gingerone

Thanks Carlos, I'm building up the courage to go in there at the mo, after paying nearly three grand for a tv I'm wary of botching it up!

salva

Standard Member
No, My TH-42PA20E is comming, and I thougth that will be a good Idea to have the service manual. That's why I've got hold of it ....

Salva

salva

Standard Member
in theory , next week ...

But If I'm happy with the image, I'm not going to touch anything.

By the way, could you confirm me the Image modes of your 37...

I'm specially interested to know if the unit has the "Panasonic Auto" mode, to be able to "fit" any 4:3 image on screen ... to avoid situations like those

http://www.videoacustic.com/sferrairo/plasma/169 lores.JPG

Wich comes from this type of 4:3 image

http://www.videoacustic.com/sferrairo/plasma/43 lores.JPG

That was indeed 14:9, and what it does if the logo is within the black bars.

Salva

gingerone

it does indeed have a panasonic auto setting which is very efffective, the picture is excellent once calibrated by the way.

gingerone

Well I've tried it, I've adjusted it in the service menu so that it is perfect but when I come out of the menu it is exactly the same as it was!
The odd thing is, is that when I go back into the menu the new settings are in there already but they do not take effect when it is switched off!
Any ideas?

salva

Standard Member
Well, in the service manual it does mention a "CAT" (Computer Aided Test". In wich all the adjustments can be done trougth a computer ...

Perhaps a cualified Panasonic technician can come forward and enligthen us.

We can try to ask in the american forum ...

www.avsforums.com , and see what the know abt.

Salva

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by gingerone
Well I've tried it, I've adjusted it in the service menu so that it is perfect but when I come out of the menu it is exactly the same as it was!
The odd thing is, is that when I go back into the menu the new settings are in there already but they do not take effect when it is switched off!
Any ideas?
You are storing the settings before exiting the menu ?

gingerone

If you press the str button after you've changed the setting then it stores it but as soon as you come out of the menu it goes back the way it was.
You would'nt believe how far of the settings are at the mo.
I'm really jittery using the service menu as I really don't want to play around in case I totally mess up the plasma.
I wonder if Gordon would know I dare say he's fiddled with a few panasonic service menu's before now!