Panny TH37-PE30b Plasma & Xbox360

blackmaverick

Hi Guys,

Just over a year ago I bought a 37" Panny Veira and have been delighted with it. However now I am hearing xbox360 looks so much beter using high def and am pretty sure I wil not be able to benefit using my current plasma.

I think the max res my screen goes to is 853x480, I have all sorts of input component, vga, cosposite, scart, s-video. What will the best option be for my setup and what would that give me compared to a rpoper High Definition tv?

If I do look for a High Def model what should I be looking for? I read read there is different types of high def and some are only high def ready, please help! I will ideally want my set to be compatible with sky high def when that starts next year as well.

emporer

Banned
I had a 37pe50 with my old xbox and it looked superb using hi def from the xbox even if the set was low res, i do think you'll have to upgrade to a better set as those early pe30's had probs with 720p if i'm correct, this may not be good for a 360.

blackmaverick

Ok this doesnt sound good then! Did you use VGA or Conponent input for the high def xbox?

blackmaverick

bump,Anyone pls?

tjradiohead

Try the plasma forum, they know their stuff there. Just post a thread asking about your PE30 compatability with 720p.

Or even better, do a search, im sure ite been covered before.

holtehero

Nearly all plasma's (and LCDs) will have to scale the 360 to fit their native resolution. This will apply to most if not all of the older plasmas and even the newer HD panels unless they offer a native res of 1280x720, so if you use the component connection the TV will scale the 720 signal to 480p.

Unless you have an LCD or RPTV that has a native resolution the same as one of the outputs of the 360 then you will get some scaling

This should still look quite alot better than running interlaced though

blackmaverick

Ok I think i will wait till my 360 arrives try it out and then decide what to do. So I should be best conecting via component and not vga leads then?

CrossyX

Yes component. But you will need to change the settings on your xbox. Is it chipped? as you will need to go in to evox (or a similar dash avalaunch etc) and change it from pal to ntsc then go to the main dashboard and click all the hd boxes. That only applys to the xbox though obviously the 360 comes standard with high def.

holtehero

Depends if you have spare component space or a spare VGA socket :)

I am going with component to my TV as you already get that with the premium pack

blackmaverick

I do have my standard xbox chipped with evox, I only use it for playing import games. Can I really use high definition through that mod then? Where can I get the cable from?

I use the component imput at the moment for my arcam dvd player but will try that connection first when the 360 arrives.

blackmaverick

I have just ordered a component cable for my xbox, should come tomorrow. Gonna try that, will try and find the setting I need to change in my evox setup.

Trending threads

Top Bottom