Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panny TH-50PV30 with iScan

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Claus, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Claus

Claus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just installed an iScan HD to my Panasonic Viera 50". Have a couple of questions:

-

-When chosing 720p I get no picture. Isn't this the wisest resolution since my plasma have a 1366x768 resolution?

-When setting the iScan to 1080i I get a picture, but then it must have been downscaled inside the plasma. Is it downscaled to 720p or 576p? or 768p?

-I have a Pioneer 868 HDMI player. When using a HDMI-DVI cable into the DVI input on the iScan I get no picture. Why?

-I don't get a picture when I turn off the progressive output on my Pio DVD player. When it's on it works. Isn't the whole point to send an interlaced signal into the iScan and let iScan scale the signal?

Thanks in advance!

Claus

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,432
    Does it say in the manual the 50" viera will accept a 720p signal as the 37" and 42" don't as far as I know (well the 37" definitely doesn't). Perhaps the Iscan HD is converting an interlaced signal to 720p which the viera doesn't like but is leaving a progressive signal alone? I don't know what the Iscan HD does with a pal progressive signal, maybe you can set it to scale it up or pass it through untouched?

Cheers
    Andy