1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny TH-50P????? Resolution????

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MarkHudds, Feb 16, 2003.

1. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Re: Panasonic TH-50PWH30 or is it TH-50PHW30? :confused:

Can someone tell me what the native panel resolution of this plasma is? I'm trying to confirm it's 1366x768, however all websites now just have the specs for the new 5 series. Was there a 4 series 50" at all or did it go straight from 3 to 5?

Thanks very much! :D

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,470
    MarkHudds

The 50" Panasonic Series 3, 4 and 5 displays have all had the same 1366 x 768 resolution.

The TH-50PHW30B (Silver Consumer model) was the Series 4 display (someone at Panasonic has a bit of a laugh when it comes to numbering conventions - the 50" Displays went from 3 to 30 then to 5).

The 30 was really not much of a change from the 3 - so I guess they felt it did not deserve the full 4 Series designation.

The Panels I generally sell are the Charcoal D models and the TH-50PHD30BX had a longer shelf life than the Silver model.

You also have to be aware that some of the 50" Consumer models dont have the option of a plug in video card - its worth confirming what's on the display you are looking at.

The 'non plug in' displays had the video inputs actually built in to the plasma chassis so no DVI option is available if you ever need that option for a high end PC.

Trust this is of some help.

Best regards

Joe

3. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Cheers Joe ... appreciate your help!
    :clap: