Panny TH-42PHD8EK, cannot enter to service menu

O

okkraj

Hello again, as the topic tells plasma has been bought from Germany and here is one happy person in Finland:).

I found several topics about service menu itself and instructions how to get into it. But I haven't found any topics about problems to getting into service menu so that's why this post.

Instructions tells that "Keep volume (-) button pressed and then press status-button (button with screen icon and "+"-sign inside the screen)3 times and service menu appears. Nothing happens in my display if I do this? Volume has been 0 - between - full when I have started the pressing of status-button (3 separate tries). In my remote control the status-button is above the setup-button as in instructions.

Here is one link for an instructions: http://www.bruzzi.ws/plasma-faq/showthread.php?t=23

All sites I have found (including this forums) has UK (USA) model as an example, is there something different in instruction in EK (european) model?

I would like to check if 100 hours milestone has been accomplished (I want to tune up the colors etc:).)

teosesa

Standard Member
okkraj said:
is there something different in instruction in EK (european) model?
Hi, I've the european model: TH-50PHD8EK and there's no difference in the instruction. I did it, and all it's ok.:thumbsup:

Matteo

LFCRules

Novice Member
Apologies if this sounds silly, but others inclusing myself have done it. When you have your hand on the volume button, is your hand blocking the infra-red sensor on the front of the panel?? :)

hornydragon

okkraj said:
Instructions tells that "Keep volume (-) button pressed On the panel front and then press status-button on the remote control (button with screen icon and "+"-sign inside the screen)3 times and service menu appears. Nothing happens in my display if I do this? Volume has been 0 - between - full when I have started the pressing of status-button (3 separate tries). In my remote control the status-button is above the setup-button as in instructions.
its the volume button on the screen (not the vol - on the remote you hold)

O

okkraj

hornydragon said:
its the volume button on the screen (not the vol - on the remote you hold)
I had to check the instructions again and here it is "Hold down the VOLUME (-) button ON THE PLASMA DISPLAY". That's what you get when reading non native language without thinking:oops:.

STUPID ME:suicide: :suicide: :suicide:.

32 hours to go, I quess that I have to start reading calibrating topics more carafully.