1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny TH-42PHD6BX with DMR-E50 lipsync issue !

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Montana, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Montana

Montana
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Many Thanks to Joe Fernand and Gordon Fraser, I am now enjoying the pleasures of my Panny TH-42PHD6BX .
    Unfortunately I have a small problem, this is as follows.I run my Sky+ through my DVD recorder(Panny DMR-E50) to a JS converter(scart to component)then component to my Pio VSX-D2011-S receiver, then component to VGA into the plasma itself.The problem is if I leave the setup as is I have BAD :thumbsdow lipsync problems(sound before visuals) , yet if I take the DVD recorder out but everything else the same, the lipsync is just about perfect. I was wondering if any of you smart people know if the DVD recorder I have does any buffering of the picture, before sending the picture on through to a display.
    I hope you guys can help, and thanks in advance for any comments you can give me.

Andy

2. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I was told by a retailer recently that there was a lipsync problem with the DMR-E50, but there is a firmware fix for it now.
    Unfortunately I bought mine multi-region, so suspect I may be out of luck regarding firmware upgrade.

Steve.

3. Montana

Montana
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Steve,
    Why would you be out of luck , because of it being multi-region ? I ask this because I to have a muliti-region player.Also I can't find anything saying about a firmware fix, so how did you find out ?
    Many thanks.

Andy

4. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    It was a 'hi-fi' retailer that told me about the E50 firmware fix.
    The issue regarding multi-region should not be a problem, your retailer should be able to fix it. Wether they can or not will be the question.
    The actual problem with firmware is that once a multi-region mod is put in place your manufacturer warranty is invalid.

Some retailers have better after-sales than others, and I suspect that the one I used (the cheapest at the time), will probably not be able to help me.

I've just re-read your post, and I think you are referring to the problem I found with my E50 on a smaller TV where the sound on pass-thru is atrociously out of sync. I would check out the DVD-RECORDER section for similar posts.

Due to the problem you have described I directly put my Sky+ into the plasma as RGB, and take S-VIDEO+L/R to SCART to my E50.

Steve.