1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny Th-42pa20 Query

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by newcomer, Nov 19, 2004.

1. newcomer

newcomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:
    can anyone tell me the following

1.is there such a thing as a SCART TO S-VIDEO LEAD.

if so would this be better for connecting my panny plasma to sky+ box rather than RGB.

2. 888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes there is. I would stick with scart RGB since you'll get audio throught scart. But IMO s-video isn't that bad compared to scart RGB.

3. happyh

happyh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It's generaly recognised that RGB quality is a step up from SVid

4. 888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is a good debate. I personnally use both RGB and s-video from my sat decoder and I can see picture differences with both. Picture looks sharper from RGB but contrast and dynamic range seems better with s-video. Please note these are my opions on my set up only.

Also, technically you can get triple screen s-video cables with very good cable to connector shield connection. The bulkly nature of scart and the number of cables in the ribbon makes it difficult to screen and provide good shield to connector contact. Again, these my opions not as a TV expert but from observation and work with RF design and testing. Good s-video cables are built very similar to co-axial cables used in RF industry and you just cannot do that with scart. I may be slightly baised because of my RF work.