Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

panny th-42-pw7bx...where is my picture?????

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by kitster, May 2, 2005.

1. kitster

kitster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    spent all bank holiday making a mess in the lounge..........holes in walls....wife moaning. screen is now on wall (lookin fab) digibox all running perfect with crystal clear picture........... BUT the yamaha DV-SL100 dvd player which is connected directly to the screen via componant leads into new compomant board in slot 2 is giving no picture!!!!! the screen reads "no signal"
    .....i really hope that all is well because the wires are now well and truly buried.....fool!!!!!
    please tell me there is a solution.

thanks

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,085
    Hello Kitster

Did you install the Board with the Display Powered Off - if not power it Off and then back on again; Boards are not recognised if installed in Standby.

You'll also find your DVD player does not output YUV automatically - you'll most likely want to hook it to a TV via Composite or RGB and then make adjustments in the Video menu to switch on the YUV outputs; you could daisy chain it via your Freeview to see it via RGB on the Plasma.

If you have a source with Composite video out on RCA connect it to the Green (Y) cable in your YUV Component cables set - if its functioning correctly you'll get a Black and White image.

Best regards

Joe