1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny/Sky FreeSat Connection Advice needed

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by X6TUS, Oct 5, 2005.

1. X6TUS

X6TUS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, got my Panny PHD8 up and running last night. All working ok, no dead pixels as far as I can see. I can hear the fan noise at low sound levels but it doesn't bother me unless I listen for it.

I have however decided to return my new Vision VTB100 Tuner, basically because it is rubbish, poor quality and the sound doesn't work. Typically it was the only bit of kit I didn't use AVForums to research on beforehand. If I had then I wouldn't have bought it!!

So I now decided to order FreeSat from Sky in the interim before Sky HD comes out next year.

Can anyone tell me what audio/video and digital/analogue connection are on the back of the Panasonic FreeSat Sky box please? I assume it's going to be the DSB50 as that's the latest.

Cheers,
    Gareth.

p.s. I have also posted a message in the Sky forum too but no-one seems to be replying there.

2. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I currently use Scart and intend to use RGB Scart with the Pv500. I have bought a better scart cable so PQ should imrove. Ill be getting a HDMI cable when Sky HD Arrives. Then theres the Xbox360 its got component so that would be everything fixed up, cant see me needing 2 HDMI connections for a long time.

3. Teccy Toker

Teccy Toker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol...I got my Vision VTB100 Tuner yesterday, and I must say it is better than the tuner in my LG px11.
    Got it plugged into dvi on the telly and it is much better than the LG one.
    TT