1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny scht-1500 reviews / opinions please ppl!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by lee-s, Jan 11, 2005.

1. lee-s

lee-s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    still on the hunt for a 5.1 system to go with my viera, i wanted to keep my hd/dvd player and buy an active sub system but i dont seem to be having much luck finding one i like. My budget is around the £500 mark anybody suggest any??

failing that im very interested in the scht 1500 panasonic sell as this would match the tv nicely and seems to be pretty good aswell, seen these online for £650ish so are they any good or should i look at another brand / model for that money??

all i keep seeing is bloody out of the box systems and its driving me nuts!! LOL, NO i dont need ANOTHER DVD player..... all i need is decent 5.1!! :lease:

p.s. before anyone says buy seperates etc, i really am limited for space and cant squeeze in an av amp and all the rest of the boxes :(

any help would be great!

:smashin:

2. lee-s

lee-s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    somebody must have bought or at least tried one of these systems???

anyone?

3. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    go for seperates and either get a slim line av amp like the new panny amps or make space

eg http://www.avland.co.uk/panasonic/saxr50/saxr50.htm

will get a better performance at the end of the day when paired with some thing like canton's or MS premiers that a AIO solution

4. lee-s

lee-s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i just dont have the room for seperates tho as explained, room is ltd..... :(

looks like itll have to be this

anybody actually got one??

5. DaveBB

DaveBB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have just got one to go with my Panny 50" plasma. Just got the thing set up and it is working well and a big improvement on my old system.

Still too early to say but good so far. Was given 89% in a recent mag review - got it for 2 reasons:

1 Compatability with the plasma

2 Didn't want the hassle of separates.

Haven't got anything else to compare it with though!

Dave