1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panny saxr45

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by pinky3003, May 18, 2004.

1. pinky3003

pinky3003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi chaps...im looking for some thoughts...my panny xr45 has been in the repair shop for over 6 weeks now....it looks as though i will be getting a new one as spares dont seem to be comming....should i go for another xr45, or see if i could get a xr50...as with some the 45 is not stocked and the 50 is the new kid on the block.....or should i plump for something else as i have room after new stand.....many thanks pinky

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    How much would you be looking to spend to replace the 45?? Does it have to be a half hight reciever or would you be interested in a full height unit? There are a few good amps in the sub £300 and also Denon and Yamaha have released half height amps now.

3. pinky3003

pinky3003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    its not a question of money....its under guarantee.....i should think they will replace it with another 45....but is it worth me trying to get a 50 ???

4. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Truthfully I havent heard either. It might be a good idea to look at the 45 and 50's speks and listen to the 50 to see if its worth upgrading.