1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny SA-HE70...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Supersonic72, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Supersonic72

Supersonic72
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Heya!

I'm afraid im more of a lurker on the Plasma forums than in here, ( Hello all! ) but am seeking your learned advice on the Panny SA-HE70?

I've seen a few of these knock out new for £99 on eBay lately and it looks like a well specced, but admittedly, older model.

Am not an expert, or connisseur of audio, but as Ive already a good DVD player, I dont want an intergrated amp and DVD player in one like some of the all in one systems out there...Keeping with the panny brand is nice too as it will go with the E55 DVD-R and PW7 Plasma and VE61 VCR too...

Anyone with expereicned of the HE70? Good?? Bad?? ...or Pants???

Thanks!

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    The overall conectivity and the fact that the speakers are pluged into spring clips rather than a screw fixing, does suggest that the amp is of a lower quality.
    This might not have an effected on the sound quality however, if you've only got a £100 to spend to then you might be better of asking on the classified forum here for a cheapish surround reciever. I think i saw a marantz 5300 go for £130, which whould probably be better.
    In all honesty though i don't know anything about the receiver, if you can't get a demo then you can't see if you like it. What speakers have you got? the panasonic may fulfil all your needs, but i have noticed some slim line sony recievers going for about £150, maybe you sould look out for them too.