1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny s97 whats in the box

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by supermackem, Mar 25, 2005.

1. supermackem

supermackem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Does it come with a hdmi lead? i should have mine tommrow and would like to confirm it comes with one or i will have to take a trip out to pick one up before the easter weekend.

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    it comes with a HDMI lead

3. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any point swapping the out of box lead with a High quality £70 quid Lead. Still struggling to find out if i will notice any difference on my 50 inch samsung DLP with a panny S7?

4. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anybody knows the asnswer?

5. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Well i fired my s97 up last night for the first time with the supplied cable and can honestly say i shall be buying a new cable as i was not overly impressed :(

6. unklewibble

unklewibble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Aren't digital leads all the same? It's just 1's and 0's. My small brain can't understand why there would be a quality difference, although an inferior lead could possibly "drop" information I suppose. Sounds highly unlikely though. You wouldn't splash out on fancy leads for your computer, and I can't see the difference, but then I'm not too knowledgable about AV stuff.

7. puddleduck

puddleduck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    You may not consider yourself an expert but you are speaking common sense - you are absolutely right - a £70 will make NO difference to PQ a digital signals are very resiliant.

If huge thick cables WERE needed to carry 1s and 0s succesfully, I hate to see the inside of PCs :)

8. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    PCs however have error correction and 2 way signals between each part where as AV systems have neither.

The 1s and 0s are signaled by high and low voltages, if your cable picks up interferance it can knock these out or corrupt them.

If you are sceptical it may be worth going to a local hifi shop and seeing if one will allow you to buy but return it if you dont feel there is an improvement (as long as the packaging isnt damaged)