Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panny S97 and COAXIAL

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by locky79, Jan 27, 2005.

1. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    hello there!!

just bought some cables and im sorry if this is a daft question but if i connect my s97 to the yammy 750 via coaxial will i get 5.1 and DTS? does the player automatically adjust this if the dvd isnt compatible? or do i have to manually adjust this in the set up screen on the dvd?

sounds daft i know but i need answer ;/ :suicide:

2. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I dont know the yammy you have but assume it has 5.1 and DTS, in which case you will get these signals. You just need to go to whatever the discs menu, (usually in languages) and if it has the option for 5.1 or DTS highlight it, and it should then automatically play in that. Usually the preset for DVD titles is in 5.1 but for DTS you will more often than not have to change it.
    I dont think you have to go to the players menu (from memory), but I will check when I get home. Wont hurt to go to its audio settings to check and enable it if there is an option though.
    cheers