1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny S/Vid Connection Problems??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by wynouk, Jul 8, 2002.

1. wynouk

wynouk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've received my new panny after a 6 week wait from unbeatable and have now got it all set up and am pleased at the DVD componant video picture using the 3 video leads.

And from my sky pace digital box i have plugged in a scart to s/vid adaptor plugged in which i bought for a tenner, this comes with a switch for in/out and 3 connections on the back audio L/R, s/vid and video in/out.

The trouble is using the s/vid from the scart adaptor to the panny seems to cause a fine meshy look which comes and goes and also the picture quality is not as good as the normal video out on the same plug, I have tried playing around with the sky dig box with the rgb now switched off which is better but still this meshy faint look???

I have plugged the s/vid lead straight into the rear of my DVD player without the scart to s/vid adaptor and it works great so it aint the s/vid cable and i also exchanged the scart s/vid adaptor and it still does the same thing??

So can i guess that this adaptor is no use and can i ask if anyone else had the same set up and how did they sort it out.

THANKS.

2. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I bought a Pro v pluged Sky into it from my video out And I get the lot and DVD into Via svid 1 lead to projector it`s great and only about £150. There are lots of threads here on the Pro v for you to see if it`s any good for you

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    Sounds like you have the same problem that I had, I bet it looks worse with bright colours.
    Try setting the picture mode in the AE100 menu to normal and then reduce the sharpness to -4 this totally removed the meshy look with mine.