Panny RV60 - region 1 questions (lots)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by NigelL, Mar 24, 2001.

1. NigelL

NigelL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've a Panasonic RV60 (from Richer Sounds), modified region 1 playback. Unfortunately, when playing reg. 1 back there is a slight flicker at the bottom edge of my tv, although enough to be annoying. (The TV is a 28 inch widescreen Panasonic).
    I called their tech support, and was told that it could be that the NTSC was not 'pure' (like on, say, the Sony 735) but converted by a chip. They told me that I could try another machine to see if it got rid of the problem. Unfortunately, the Sony would not be able to play the new region 1's that have an extra bit of encoding on them.

My question is - can you get a Sony chipped to play the new region 1, and which does not also flicker. Or indeed any other brand.

Long question - sorry

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    Here's my suspiscions:

Do you have an amp or anything else with a large power supply directly underneath the TV?
    If so move it and see what happens.

Are you using RGB? (if not you should be)
    Does the player have a macrovision defeat on it? (if so use it)

Does the flicker change/go away if you unplug the RF lead from the back of the telly?
    If so snip pin19 at the Tv end of the scart lead . (as covered elsewhere)

3. StuartBooth

StuartBooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have a Panasonic RV60 and have never noticed any flickering on R1 discs. Can you try your player on a different TV to see whether it's the TV or the DVD player that's causing the problem?

------------------
    Stuart Booth
    Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

4. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    2 things. Try RGB, as Mr D sez. Try switching the player to PAL60 instead of NTSC.

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com