1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panny RP Problems

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by shaunthedude, Feb 15, 2002.

1. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i just got a panny tx42pt10. when i turned it on i waited an hour like the instuctions told me to. the picture was fine to start with but then it went bright. Then it went multi-coloured. i went into convergence. The white cross was a pure straight cross but the colours you have to line up like red and blue are not pure crosses. They are a bit bent so it is impossible to line them up behind the white cross.(if you know what i mean) is there any way to reset the convergence to how it was when it came out the factory??? anyone got any ideas??? the picture is now all multi coloured but i only pushed the button once in the convergence menu then i put it back where it was. This makes tv no 5 in 8 months!!!!:(

2. John Matrix

John Matrix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi shaunthedude,

I can't really help, just sympathise. I saw exactly the same problem on a 42TX10 this last weekend - cross #1 of the 9 point convergence was WAY out in the shop I was viewing it in with the blue bending from right to left, and red from left to right. It was MOST disconcerting. Guys in the shop nor I could figure out how to get the blue/red straight - it led to a red bulge on the LHS of the picture which kind of put me off the TV when watching in 4:3 mode. This was apparent off air or using a DVD player.

One positive thing though, I had an NTSC DVD with me and played that. Convergence perfect, no bulging, no bent crosses, so it must be something to do with the setup (i.e. is probably easy to cure in the service menu somewhere).

HTH ease the pain