panny pz85B calibration

C

Cream

I've had my Panny for a couple of weeks now, got past the 200hrs make and was wondering if it was worth getting it professionally calibrated? I've just watched the RING 2 on dvd, upscaled on a PS3 and while the image was nice, blacks being very black etc. There was a lack of detail in the blacks compared to what I was expecting.

1. Will the picture look a lot better

2. how much will it cost

3. Do they charge per signal (i.e. HDMi 1, 2 & 3) or is it set one and there all set

4. does anyone know of anyone reliable and competitively priced in the Southport/Merseyside area.

or am I best just getting something like this
http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/-/6...tials-HD-Basics/Product.html?searchtype=genre
Digital Video Essentials: HD Basics (Blu-ray)

i would like to know the above info too if possible

does anyone know the settings to use or direct me to a place where it will give me optimal settings for the pz85b

i havent even broken it in yet as its only used about 3 hours

is there a timer u can look at built into tv lol?

isnt that a review?

dosent really give numbers of what i should be setting it to

It is a review but gives you an idea of the best colour temp to use.I would go for CINEMA mode with a WARM colour temp.In my opinion this is the best settings to use with the lattest Panasonic plasmas.

It is a review but gives you an idea of the best colour temp to use.I would go for CINEMA mode with a WARM colour temp.In my opinion this is the best settings to use with the lattest Panasonic plasmas.

Mine too is as above for sd, plus brightness about halfway, contrast just a few clicks above halfway, colour a little further than the contrast, sharpness off, col management off, pnr off, ifc off. For hd i use the same but turn ifc on. I've run the screen in and used the video essentials set up disc.

Hope it helps...

Alex

Thanx for the input guys.

Has anyone got anything to say about getting the T.V. professionally calibrated?
Is it worth it? Is there a noticable difference? etc, etc, bla bla bla :D

It's a hell of an expense for something that you may not even notice much of an improvement on. Check the settings on the HDTVtest.co.uk site as they have already been calibrated to D65 standard. You probably need to up your brightness a few notches and sacrifice some black to get more shadow detail. If you need help calibrating then the THX optimizer is an excellent starting point. This can be found on THX certified DVDs such as 'The Incredibles', 'Monsters INc' etc. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom